Saturday 17 August 2013

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain

I have to say I've had my eye on the Clinique Chubby Sticks for a while but have never actually invested, probably because 95% of the things I purchase are not done so without a bit of research....so that I don't have to write one of those 'Things I regret buying' posts!

First impressions:
Packaging is sleek and very similar to the Chubby Sticks

Colour choice and pay off:
I was pleased with the colour choice in this triple pack, they are staple colour shades-nude, coral and pink. The colours are buildable to an opaque state which is great if you want a bold lip which isn't going to budge.

Stain power:
Balm Stains like this claim to have a good stain capability but rarely live up to it, I have to say these definitely do stain your lips to the point that when it does eventually wear off after a few hours your lips have a sure 'bitten' look to them. They don't give that terrible half worn off lipstick look which I detest!

Drawbacks:
The only one negative I can think of is the smell, they have that annoying minty smell that some products have, minty is the only way I can describe it - and note I don't mean a lovely mint ice cream smell, it's quite similar to what the OCC Lip tars smell of. I can see how this would put a few people off so be warned if you are thinking of purchasing online, I would go and have a sniff first!








No comments:

Post a Comment

P R E V I O U S P O S T S