Sunday 15 November 2015

One for my oily skin girls! #bbloggers


Listen up my fellow Oily skinned girls, I know only too well the struggles of trying to keep your make up looking fresh through the day with an oily skin type.


I have always been a fan of Illamasqua Skin base, however my skin does start to look shiny within just a few hours of using it, I've also tried a a number of other foundations which all make my skin look oily far too soon after applying it for my liking.

However, I recently tried out Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation and I have to say I am in loveee with this stuff.
The foundation is a liquid form and is promoted at oily skin types as it is oil free, it is super long wearing, in fact I was told that Estee lauder actually produced one of its 3 in 1 cleansers specifically to remover double wear from the skin...it's that long wearing!




Coverage:

For me, the coverage is great, a little goes a long way and I don't need to conceal any areas further.
For those who like a really full coverage there is also the Double Wear Maximum Cover, this stuff is amazing! It might be 'too flawless' looking for an every day use for most people, but in my opinion it doesn't look heavy on the skin at all.

Application:

I apply mine with a Sephora airbrush brush but I don't buff, I just apply all over and then press in to make sure its seamless.
I then go over with a beauty blender to make sure it's seamless (because I'm just extra like that!)


I am the shade Cashew, but I can also get away with Shell Beige if I wanted to go fairer or Spiced Sand for a slightly more tanned tone.
For reference I am a Illamasqua Skin base 12, NC40 in MAC Studio Fix and 5 in MAC Matchmaster
Price runs at £30 for 30ml, not bad!


Remember, having an oily skin type keeps moisture in your skin, and will in turn keep it looking younger and keep those wrinkles away - so its not all bad after all is it! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

P R E V I O U S P O S T S