Monday 3 October 2011

French #Manicure with a twist

Lets face it, you cannot go wrong with a French Manicure because you can pull off any outfit with it whether you keep it simple and natural or funk it up like me. 

As much as I love wearing bright colours and doing funky nail art, believe it or not I do like to keep it simple sometimes, although this time I couldn't quite hold back from jazzing it up ;)

The one thing that can give the illusion your nails are longer is an exaggerated French Manicure, you can do this by raising the smile line with white/ivory nail paint so it is larger than it naturally is. 
When I did this Manicure my nails were longer than I usually keep them so I decided to paint my smile line at an angle which looked like a 'V' shape, this gave the illusion that my nails were even longer! ..Love!

You will notice the base on my nails is brighter than the usual muted pink that is used on a French Manicure, it's actually a vibrant lilac colour which really pops when used with a good base coat. 




Let me know what you think...How do you change up your French Manicure?..


Products used:
-LA Colours Base coat
-Barry M Berry
-No.7 Stay Perfect Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment

P R E V I O U S P O S T S