Thursday 8 May 2014

FAVOURITES SERIES - Eyeliner

I've decided to do a Favourites Series - All the products I usually post about, are those I would consider to generally be my favourites, but this is just a way of grouping them up which will hopefully help you see how I categorise them.

This is going to be a straight to the point, no fuss series with as many pretty pictures as I can take (as usual!)
So to start off, here's a quick breakdown of my favourite eye liners:

1. Inglot AMC Gel Liner
PROs: This liner couldn't get more true in colour, the black is highly pigmented and the gel sets matte so doesn't budge or bleed.
CONs: The only drawback is that it dries a bit too quickly, the pot seems to remain airtight for a good amount of time but when I have scooped some out onto a mixing palette to use, it does dry very fast and results in a bit of wastage.



2. Illamasqua Obsidian Eyeshadow with Sealing Gel
PRO's: We all know that Illamasqua eyeshadows are highly pigmented so with a few drops of their sealing gel you have an instant true black liner which you can customise to your preferred consistency.
CON: This doesn't apply to me but for some people mixing the shadow with gel might be an extra step they would rather not do - out of convenience.

3. NYX Fat Marker
PRO: This is a foolproof liner for those new to or not so confident with working with eyeliner, the product is just like a thick felt tip liner so fits nicely into the hand and gives you good control.
CON: The pigmentation is naturally not as deep as that of a gel liner would be, and also this might be abit difficult to purchase in stores as the UK doesn't have a great amount of NYX stockists. (Avaliable online at www.nyxcosmetics.co.uk)

4. Avon Super shock gel liner
PROs: This is a gel liner in a pencil form, so it's perfect with those who aren't great at using a fine liner brush with their gel liner. This formula set's nearly waterproof and does not move al day. Probably the most affordable product of the selection.
CON: It's setting power means you have to work with it very fast if you want to so something like blend it out.

I use a whole load of other eye-liners too but unfortunately they didn't make it to the top of my list! Let me know if you would like to see them though.

xXx










No comments:

Post a Comment

P R E V I O U S P O S T S