Thursday 7 June 2012

Bring me sunshine #HolidaySkin @BootsNo7

I'm off on holiday soon and I think I've just about got my beauty shopping under wraps. 

Before my make up I wanted to share the skincare, and more importantly the sun protection I bought.
 
 
 
This is the skincare I'm taking;
My one and only Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair [See Post]
My trusty breakout proof Olay moisturiser
Estee Lauder Day Wear plus - The only tinted moisturiser I would recommend!

On to Sun protection....

When choosing your sunscreen make sure the label reads BROAD SPECTRUM protection.

The abbreviation 'SPF' only defines the sun burn protection, so for example SPF15 will allow you to be in the sun 15 times longer before you would start to burn.

When in the sun, you need protection against both:
UVB rays - cancer-causing rays that burn
UVA rays - rays which accelerate skin ageing. 


The words broad spectrum will indicate protection against UVA and UVB rays. So always choose the sun protection which reads Broad Spectrum over any other to be safe!



With this in mind, I searched every sun protection product in Boots and left with these two top products, No7 Sun protection Spray SPF 30 and UVISTAT Lip care SPF 50.
I think we tend to worry about our face and body but forget to pay attention to our lips -  our lips and under eye area have the thinnest skin, it's important we protect them.

Both products have broad spectrum protection and I was able to use my No7 £5 off voucher on the sun protection spray...Happy Days!


Are you off on holiday this summer? 
What have you chosen to keep yourself protected?



2 comments:

  1. I think No7 are great for sun protection. I've just brought their eye and lip sun protection! I'm off to Corfu this summer so will use it then :)x

    ReplyDelete

P R E V I O U S P O S T S