Friday 7 October 2011

Half Moon #Manicure #NailArt #bblogger #OPI


This is my adaptation of the ever elegant Half Moon Manicure.

Half Moon Nail Art is when we create an obvious moon shape from the cuticle with a colour that is a contrast from the base colour or more traditionally leaving it completely plain.. 

Usually this look is done with more of a prominent moon shape but I think the final look I came up with reminded me more of an eyelet than a moon!

- First I painted my entire nail with a base coat and then a beige colour.

- I then used a flat nail art brush to create the moon shape out from my cuticle and filled it in, whilst doing this I was careful to leave a gap between my cuticle and the paint. This gives the illusion of longer nails whilst protecting it from the black cherry colour that is abit of a pain to remove once it has stained your cuticle.

- Then to tidy up the half moon I used a thin nail art brush dipped into a rasberry colour and created a line to merge the two.


Tips: 

-You can use any brush for creating lines or filling in small gaps like the moon. 

-I sometimes use a cheap eyeliner brush or an actual painting brush which you can buy from your local craft store eg. Hobbycraft

-Make sure you clean out every trace of the nail polish with an acetone based remover to make sure your brushes don't dry hard. 

Products used:
No. 7 Nougat (base colour)
OPI Black Cherry Chutney (moon colour)
Barry M Rasberry (moon outline)

How will you re-create the half moon to make it your own?
Tweet me pictures!

xXx


No comments:

Post a Comment

P R E V I O U S P O S T S