Monday 27 January 2014

Awards 2014 - Beauty watch

This time of year means one thing, awards season...NTA's, Golden Globes, Grammys and lots more. 
This is just one of the times in the year my eyes are peeled for make up and hair looks on gorgeous celebrities.

Here is a collection of some of my favourite looks from 2014's award season...


Favourite beauty looks...



I have to say I'm not much of a Rita Ora fan, but this look at the Grammys deserves some recognition, I adore this type of make up.. A deep smoked out purple eye, matte clean skin and blanked out lips with a slight pink tinge. Also loving the retro curls.




Giuliana Rancic is one of my favourite faces, I love the emphasis she always puts on her eyes and lashes, this look isn't too far our from her usual but ties in perfectly with her outfit.




I don't think she needs any sort of introduction, Mrs Carter chose a midnight deep red with blue undertones to really finish off her outfit. I don't think this look would have had the same effect with her previous longer locks.


Kelly Osbourne went for lots of lashes and slick black liner with a berry lip - her skin looks flawless!



Ciara was glowing with this bronze look, her hair was simple, a tucked under messy bob. Just the right amount of glamour to go with a stunning dress and cute baby bump. 


Rochelles hair at the NTA awards looked gorgeous, full of volume yet sleek and tousled. 



The Wolf of Wall Street actress Margot Robbie was simply stunning at the Golden Globes this year, the low bun was perfect for her look.



Least favourite looks...



Alicia Keys' look was quite the disappointment, she went for the understated soft brow, soft eye, neutral lip, her dress really did say enough but I really did want her make up to say a lot more,... though I can't fault her signature hair style, a curled quiff mohawk.


Katy Perrys make up is always on my favourites list, her skin is always glowing, however her hair in this look is the reason she is on my least favourites list.. 
The dress she wore said so much, I really think a simple loose bun would have worked better than this towering up braided bun, if the bun was somewhat smaller I would say it might have worked too.


There was quite a theme across all the ceremonies when it came to the beauty side, we saw a consistent make up trend with good skin being the common factor. We didn't spot too many celebrities far from their usual comfort zones.


Some more glorious images...

















Which was your favourite celebrity look?

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment

P R E V I O U S P O S T S