Wednesday 21 December 2011

MUA mini shop with MAC Dupe!


Hello you lovely readers!

I havn't posted in a while, I've had alot going on..some good and some bad so I havn't felt like blogging, and to be honest it is harder than I thought to get back in the swing of it.

That aside, I made a little trip to Superdrug a few days ago, I think I'm not the only one that does this..I say 'little' trip but I always end up spending so much more than expected when I only went in for cotton wool!

However, my MUA purchases were beyond a bargain, and for that reason I couldn't resist.
MUA - Make up Academy is a budget beauty brand that has recently launched in the UK. I've read quite alot about their products, budget brands can usually be a bit hit and miss with the quality of their products but nothing I have read has led me to believe this.


I'm an absolute fan of Carly a.k.a Glitterdollz7, she did a review/dupe comparison of a MAC eyeshadow with a MUA eyeshadow and since then I've wanted to get my hands on it! I managed to pick it up this time round.
The eyeshadow is called Pearl 12, if you do go to get this check the label properly because I noticed a mistake, some were called Pearl 11 and some Pearl 12, Pearl 11 was more of a silver whereas Pearl 12 was the two tone one I wanted.
It's a gorgeous mixture of bronze, silver and subtle shimmer and it applys very smoothly. 10/10 from me.



Next, I picked up an eyebrow pencil, I prefer a thinner pencil but for just £1 I thought it was worth picking up. It is a pencil on one end and a brush on the other which is so handy becuase it means I don't have to carry a mascara spooly to brush through my brows, this sort of thing would normally retail for £3-5 with other high street brands. The colour was great, I have black hair so I always pick a dark brown


Lastly, I picked up a couple of blushers at £1 each..Bargain much! I needed a compact blusher to pop in my handbag for touch ups during the day after I was heartbroken to find my last Estee Lauder blusher had crumbled into a thousand bits, and it was a limited edition..sad times. 
Moving on, these blushers are very pigmented and are quite powdery, I usually prefer a mineral blush, but it's nothing a good bit of buffing  with the leftovers of your foundation brush can't fix.



So there you have it, my little MUA fix, I'm very pleased with all my purchases. The major plus point here being the price, for a pound you just can't go wrong..Who doesn't want make up for £1?..All the more money for that handbag you have your eye on ;)


Is there a product from the brand that you love? Let me know because I'm looking to pick up a few more bits.

xXx

2 comments:

  1. Another great review Sharon! I'm gonna go get that shimmery eye shadow now!

    ReplyDelete

P R E V I O U S P O S T S